A Celebration of North American Travel Writing
1. Wild by Cheryl Strayed sees a woman hike the Pacific Crest Trail from the Mojave Desert, through California, Oregon and Washington.
2. On The Road by Jack Kerouac is a classic and follows the authors years of travelling the continent alongside his friend Neal Cassady.
3. Travels With Charley by John Steinbeck sees the iconic author and his dog Charley travel from Maine to Monterey to rediscover his country.
4. State By State, edited by Matt Weiland & Sean Wilsey brings together some of the country’s most well known writers in an appreciation of all 50 states.
5. Beauty Tips From Moose Jaw by Will Ferguson is a book of witty observations of the authors travels across Canada, from Newfoundland in the east to Victoria in the west.
6. The Lost Continent by Bill Bryson sees the author travel 14,000 miles from his home in Iowa, across 38 states, delivering his trademark wit along the way.
7. All Gone To Look for America by Peter Millar follows the author as he travels from New York to Los Angeles (and back again) by the almighty AMTRAK and the railroads that built the USA.
8. Wayfaring Stranger by Emma John follows the author as she rediscovers her love of music and, in doing so, finds her spiritual home in America's Deep South.
9. To Shake The Sleeping Self by Jedidiah Jenkins takes us on a journey of self discovery alongside the author as he cycles from Oregon to Patagonia.
If all this reading has you inspired to travel for yourself, contact us today to get planning your novel-worthy trip!